Saw this on Twitter, and it sounds like a nice little add-on if you’ve got a fair bit of tech savvy, some writing talent, and some spare time.
The Sprout Social blog will soon be re-launched as a vital resource for Sprout Social customers who want to better understand the social web and the ways they can use it to improve their businesses. It will also serve as a competitive resource for web surfers at large, providing value while exposing our brand.
Role: Contributing Writer, Sprout Social blog
Sprout Social is looking for bright and personable bloggers to write how-tos, guides, case studies, and other helpful features to help businesses and marketers navigate the social web in a personal but highly informative voice. The position is highly flexible, but bloggers will be expected to produce a few articles per week. This is a paid-per-article, freelance position.
- Write timely, helpful, and friendly feature-length articles such as how-tos, guides, and narrative case studies making sense of the social web for businesses, marketers, and enterprise.
- Complete 1-3 articles weekly, consistently meeting deadlines.
- Optimize articles for search engines and social media shares.
- Learn and follow best practices and editorial style.
- Previously published writer, preferably in the technology or social media spaces.
- Strong writing skills and an ability to write relatable and personal features for absolute beginners while adhering unfailingly to style guidelines and processes.
- Knowledge of social networks such as Twitter, Facebook, Foursquare, Yelp, LinkedIn, Gowalla, and YouTube as they relate to marketing and business.
- Works well with deadlines.
- This is a work-from-home position.
This is a part-time freelance work agreement. The accepted applicants will be paid per article at a competitive rate.
If you’re interested, please email grow AT sproutsocial.com a cover letter describing your experience, knowledge, and whatever else you bring to the table, along with three related writing samples either original or hosted elsewhere on the web. Please include “Contributing Writer, Sprout Social Blog” in the subject line. Thanks!