I stole this right off their site (with permission!):
Job Posting – Museum Programmer
In the last five years, the Vancouver Police Museum has seen incredible growth, thanks in part to a roster of engaging school and public programs on the forensic sciences, and on Vancouver’s criminal and law enforcement history. Our programs are a core part of who we are as an organization; they showcase our knowledge, enthusiasm, creativity, and quirky personality. Fueled by our talented and enthusiastic staff, we are united in our passion to continue being one of the fastest growing attractions in Vancouver as we work to be an innovative leader in the museum community.
We are currently seeking an organized, motivated and creative individual to join our team as Museum Programmer. Working under the supervision of the Executive Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for delivering our educational and public programming as well as helping create new programming and will also have a hand in marketing the museum and its programs. As we are a fast-paced museum with a small staff, expect to be involved with almost every area of museum operations.
Your contributions to the museum will have a direct and visible effect; as you contribute to the museum’s growth, expect your work hours, responsibilities and wage to increase.
- Delivering educational programs to elementary, secondary and ESL students
- Conducting walking tours and guided tours of the museum
- Assisting with the research and development of new educational programs
- Creating supporting materials including, pre- and post- visit activities, vocabulary and program evaluations
- Greeting visitors to the museum, collecting admissions and handling gift shop sales
- Assisting with marketing and the design of new marketing materials
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills; experience in heritage interpretation or informal education
- Ability to work both independently and in a team
- A significant technological literacy
- 1-3 Years Education or experience in an area related to our subject matter (education, criminology, history, museum studies, or other related field
- Available to work Tuesday- Saturday, approximately 30 hours a week (to start).
Please submit questions and resumes to:
Chris Mathieson, Executive Director
Vancouver Police Museum
240 E. Cordova St.
Vancouver, BC, V6A 1L3
chris AT vancouverpolicemuseum.ca
Closing Date: August 30, 2009
The Vancouver Police Museum is operated by the Vancouver Police Historical Society, an independent non-profit society and registered charity. The mandate of the museum is to foster interest in the history of the Vancouver Police Department and to deliver educational programs that focus on the history of law enforcement and the science of contemporary police work. For more information about the museum and its programs, visit our website at http://www.vancouverpolicemuseum.ca.