We’re looking for a Communications Assistant (deadline May 24)
Job Posting: Communications Assistant, Demonstrating Value (Vancity Community Foundation)
The Demonstrating Value program at Vancity Community Foundation seeks a Communications Assistant to work in their downtown office at 815 W. Hastings. The position reports to the Manager, Evaluation and Community Impact. This is a part-time contract position, 2 to 3 days per week (with some scheduling flexibility). The contract is from June to December 2012 for at least 420 hours total with a possibility for up to 540 hours, paid at $20/hour.
The primary and ongoing responsibilities of the communications assistant are:
– Gathering, editing, writing and publishing the Demonstrating Value blog and newsletter
– Managing the Demonstrating Value client and subscriber database
– Administrative support for Demonstrating Value consultants (invoicing and information requests)
Additional projects to be undertaken:
– Migrating and editing content from the current Demonstrating Value website to a new Drupal website for launch by mid-summer 2012
– Consolidating several subscriber and contact lists into a single CRM system
– Update of the DV program’s printed materials with new brand and colours
Required skills and experience
– Proven top-quality writing and editing skills for both business and public audiences (writing samples required)
– Demonstrable interest in sustainable business practices, corporate social responsibility and/or social impact evaluation
– Proficiency with Drupal content management system and other web-based communication tools (MailChimp, Eventbrite) (or transferable experience)
– Experience with social enterprises or granting foundations is a plus but not required
– At least two years work experience in an office environment; ability to manage projects independently with minimal direct supervision.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, one page of writing samples, and references via e-mail to Garth Yule (email@example.com) no later than 12 pm, Thursday May 24, 2012.