Join the Commerical Drive Car-Free Festival, Sunday, June 14th, all day until 8pm. I’d love to tell you how to volunteer, what to expect, what time the bands go onstage, etc, but the poster they emailed out is too small to read. Just show up and have fun!
UPDATE: found some details over on their website. Since these deets don’t agree with the above, I’d be conservative and follow the below:
- Time: 12 – 6pm
- Place: Commercial Drive, between Venables and 1st Ave.
- Contact: email@example.com
- Other Details: Bohemian Commercial Drive rocks from noon to six, with street hockey, revolutionary knitting circles, roller disco, a Healing Garden, tons of babies and dogs, and merry mayhem abundant.
- Time: 12 – 8pm
- Place: Main Street, between 12th Ave and 25th Ave (King Ed)
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Other details: There will be over 7 music stages, tons of local vendors, story-telling, food, arts and crafts, grafitti wall, Lots of fun stuff for all ages!!
- Time: 12 – 6pm
- Place: Denman Street, between Davie and Robson
- Contact: email@example.com
- Other details: The hugely popular spoken word tent from last year will be back, as well as dance classes, world music, community tables, parades and more… all with that cosmopolitan West End style.
Kitsilano Block Parties
- Time: Various times
- Place: Various locations
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Other details: In 2008, Kitsilano held its first-ever Car-Free Block Parties Day to an overwhelming response – 20 block parties! This year, the neighbourhood comes together again with block parties that will be as individual as the people who host them; street “living rooms”, dances, performers and potlucks will be enjoyed by neighbours celebrating in the street. Want to throw your own block party on the 14th? Check out our toolkit.