Whatever that is.
Got this job from a Facebook post from the highly informed Wayne Shaddow. Not a tech position; sales and account management. HootSuite is a terrific company with great people, many of whom are personal friends of mine, and I hear that it’s a – yes – hoot to work there. Although you may have to wear the Owly suit, which can get warm enough to make anyone owly after a couple of hours.
Here is Owly, pictured with philosopher king and my personal spirit animal, Dave Olson:
And here is the job listing (gotta love a job that lists “funny” among the criteria):
Strategic Account Manager
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Department: Strategic Sales
Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: Mid Level
HootSuite’s Global Strategic Accounts department is a smart, passionate and experienced team focused on helping the world’s largest corporations and government agencies be successful in social media. You will establish productive and trusting relationships with some of the world’s most prestigious organizations.
The Strategic Account Manager at HootSuite focuses on growing and maintaining large scale strategic clients in a post sales environment within an account management role. This role will support clients’ social media strategies, advocate the full use of HootSuite’s Enterprise-level product, and contribute to the overall positive image of the company. In order to be successful, the ideal candidate requires an enthusiastic business ethic, a service-oriented ethos, a keen understanding of social business, and the talent to forge strong connections with sophisticated clients.
- Executes the implementation of HootSuite Enterprise across organizations in conjunction with multiple stakeholders
- Thoroughly comprehends HootSuite Enterprise and provides product demos, best practices, and presents new integrations
- Consistently communicates with clients to ensure robust account activity and the success of strategic objectives of account growth
- Creates trusting and long-term relationships with multiple decision makers/influencers per account.
- Liaises with Sales Executives in pursuit of account growth and new business potential
- Coordinates with support, service and management to exceed account performance and customers’ expectations
- Secure clients’ annual contract renewals
Required Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 2+ years of account management experience
- Experience managing accounts of Fortune 500 corporations
- Proven success in growing existing accounts and relationships
- Technical competence & enthusiasm (understanding of SaaS software, APIs, technology, etc)
- Excellent written, communication, presentation skills
- Both a passion for and experience with social media
- Works well with others
- Loves being on a team
- Independent – to take initiative, own processes, and work independently
- Highly organized
- Tenacity to finish projects
- Fluent in several languages (Spanish a plus)
- University educated is preferred
- Familiarity with HootSuite, both web and the mobile dashboard
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and rapid-growth environment
- Flexible day-to-day schedule
- Funny/egoless (able to laugh at themselves)