Just a quick update to let you know:
1. there are still some spaces available in our Social Media for NonProfits full-day workshop this Wednesday. Register securely on Eventbrite here: http://socialmediafornonprofitsraincoaster.eventbrite.com/
2. I’ll be giving a workshop this coming Sunday at Social Media Camp Victoria at 11am. They’ve just freed up another 100 tickets, but they will go fast, so check it out here: http://socialmediacamp.ca/
3. Wes and I had a great time speaking this past Saturday at the Volunteer Futures conference at the Four Points Sheraton in Richmond. Thanks to Volunteer BC for inviting us! http://bccic.ca/event/volunteer-bc-volunteer-futures-conference
4. The menu for tonight’s Shebeen Club meeting is up on raincoaster.com and it looks fabulous. $25 at the door gets you this fantastic food, a glass of Steamworks’ Brew Pub craft beer, and a terrific presentation from Sylvia Taylor: Going Pro: Professionalism and your writing career. See you at 7pm!
5. My article, Connecting the Dots Through Social Media, is up at Canadian Immigrant.ca and of course is available in the print edition of the magazine as well. Thanks to Monica Hamburg for passing that along!
As I’m rarely in Victoria, Social Media Camp is a good opportunity to see me in action and also get a full day of terrific workshops and networking opportunities. Here’s the precis of my talk:
*Social Media 101:*
What do you need to know before you know what you need in social media? How
do you master Facebook so you don’t end up a sad, starving Farmville
sharecropper? Want to avoid looking like a twit on Twitter? This workshop is
Lorraine Murphy has been teaching and consulting in the social media field
since the days when it was called New Media. She’ll explain the common
pitfalls and pratfalls of social media, and give you easily-implementable
advice about which platforms, apps, programs and gizmos are useful,
effective, and practical, along with tips on how to use them most
Simple. Straightforward. Social.
Hope to see you there!