Busy Tuesday night? Oh come on, who are you kidding? IT’S A TUESDAY NIGHT! Well, don’t worry; you won’t be stuck at home watching reruns and feeling like a minor character in a Cathy Comic: we’ve got a fabulous Meet the Geek dinner for you!
- You’ll help raise money for a worthy cause: With Glowing Hearts, a homegrown documentary on the Downtown Eastside and social media use during the Olympics.
- You’ll meet Andrew Lavigne and Jon Ornoy, the filmmakers from Animal Mother Films, as well as several of the stars including April Smith.
- You’ll meet geeks! What could be more enticing? Okay: You’ll meet and chat with geeks without having to pay a fat social media consulting fee. Now you can finally ask someone who knows, “What is the freaking POINT of Twitter?”
- You’ll enjoy a terrific two-course gourmet meal in Salt Cellar, the private dining room hidden deep under Blood Alley. Pretend you’re in Darth Vader’s conference room, preferably NOT being strangled.
- Sit at the cool kids’s table!
Register on Vancouver Food Tour at least two days in advance: the room will hold 40 maximum, so we expect this will fill up completely in advance. Don’t take a chance!
Proceeds of the dinner will go to complete post-production of With Glowing Hearts.
Everyone who buys a ticket to the dinner will be credited as a producer of the film! You can’t beat that for bragging rights at the bar on a Saturday night.
See you there!