Senior SEO Strategist
1-800-GOT-JUNK?, an international $100M+ franchise organization headquartered in Vancouver, is looking for a Senior SEO Strategist to join our Marketing team to take on the responsibility for improving the volume and quality of traffic to our website from search engine search results. This is a Vancouver-based position functioning from the 1-800-GOT-JUNK? corporate office.
I am a strategic thinker, highly organized, results driven, prioritizing machine who can lead without title and has never been afraid to roll up my sleeves to get the job done. I can speak intelligently about SEO techniques and I get excited when I enter into a conversation about semantic markup, search engine algorithms, link acquisition, and content strategies. I am looking to be part of a team with a vision to take the road less travelled and to create something greater together than anyone of us could create alone.
What You’ll Be Doing:
As the newest member of the Marketing team, you will be the SEO expert with specific responsibilities that will include:
- Leading the efforts in improving the volume and quality of website traffic to increase revenue from Organic Traffic
- Auditing the all key areas of the SEO discipline
- Creating the right strategy and executing plan for all those areas
- Ongoing hands on development and execution of strategies to ensure marketing tactics are integrated with SEO efforts
- Assisting other closely related disciplines such as web/mobile site redesigns, UX, conversion rate optimization, customer profiling, behavioral analysis etc.
- Remaining apprised of all search engine algorithm changes and updates
- Analyzing website strategies and translating qualitative or anecdotal data into recommendations and tactics for revising the strategies
- Nurturing a collaborative team culture across the organization (including third party collaborators if required)
Success will be defined by the effectiveness of your SEO Strategies in increasing leads generation.
What You’ll Need
- Minimum 4 years of hands-on SEO experience
- In-house experience
- Experience and an expert knowledge of the SEO pillars: Technical SEO, Content optimization & copywriting,Content strategy, editorial calendar creation, Link profile improvement, Local Search, Mobile, Social Media
- Ability to identify opportunities through industry research and competitive benchmarking
- Clear understanding of online marketing tactics like affiliate, pay-per-click, email advertising or any other
- Team player who can leverage other online and offline marketing efforts across internal departments and franchises
- Good communication and presentation skills
Bonus Points If you Have:
- Experience and/or knowledge of some international, multilingual SEO strategies
- Measurement abilities, tracking the whole funnel, from SERPs to conversions
- Experience preparing and executing Conversion Optimization tests
Competencies and Behaviors:
- Ability to manage change
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Attention to detail and issue resolution
- Good interpersonal, team building skills
- Results oriented
The Application Process
Are you ready to take advantage of this exciting opportunity with a leading Vancouver-based brand? If you think you’d be a good fit for the role, please go to this link http://1800gotjunk.hireology.com/s/2253 to submit your resume and cover letter that details the following information:
- A synopsis of why you’re the right candidate for the job
- Links to social media profiles like Linkedin, Twitter, G+, Meetup, Slideshare, and such that could show your expertise and implication in SEO business
- Industry conferences or events you attended or presented at
- Some SEO projects you have been working on lately
- Your career objectives
- Salary expectations
Be ready to discuss during the interview some of the latest projects you have been dealing with.
Please note that due to the volume of resumes received only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted, or will receive a response. Thank you for your interest in 1-800-GOT-JUNK?