This job came via LinkedIn, appropriately enough almost like a flashback. Jeez, remember 2006? Didn’t it seem like actually DOING social media would be the way to that income you turned your back on when you refused to go to law school? It’s been many years since Gastown’s tech scene featured the Friday Night beer crawl, hopping from party to party, all the beer, hot dogs, and pizza provided by various startups, incubators, and studios.
Those were the days.
I’m on a few job mailing lists, and nowadays they’re stuffed with “social media and marketing/PR intern” listings. This is not the kind of listing you see very often any more, and if it looks like it suits you, you should go for it.
Social Media Manager
Blink Media Works – Gastown (Vancouver, Canada Area)
Social Media Manager
We are seeking a Social Media Manager to implement social strategies, develop brand awareness, drive inbound traffic, and encourage participation both for internal brands and for our clients. This role will co-ordinate with our internal marketing team, our production team, and our account managers to support their goals, delivering a consistent voice for each project and cultivating our social media referral network.
- Implementing social media strategy for internal and external clients
- Coordinating with stakeholders to ensure the effectiveness of campaigns
- Working with Web production team to ensure that social media tools are functional and up-to date
- Managing social media campaigns and day-to-day activities including online advocacy, editorial points, community-outreach, and promotions
- Make recommendations on optimal media types, including timing and delivery
- Manage our online presence on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and other community sites, along with posting to blogs and seeding content into social applications
- Advocate for the company and our client in social spaces
- Engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate
- Managing blogger outreach programs to create and maintain brand ambassador networks
- Monitor benchmarks to measure the impact of our social media programs. Analyzing, reviewing, and reporting on the effectiveness of campaigns to help maximize our efforts
- Participating in the growth of the social media team, advising on expansion through the acquisition of social analysts
- Monitoring trends in social media tools, and adopting, or adjusting current application to maximize their use
- Research, recommend and implement organic and paid initiatives to drive social media engagement
- Writing project briefs and advising on the creative process
Desired Skills & Experience
- Strong understanding of the requirements of social media campaigns
- In-depth knowledge of social media platforms and the communities that use them
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Strong written and spoken interpersonal communication skills
- The ability to build and maintain relationships
- Strong technical skills, and the confidence to tackle new platforms regularly
- A solid foundation in search engine optimization tools and techniques
- · Strong team player but also able to work independently
- Experience running successful online contest campaigns using tools such as Strutta and SocialMeme
- Experience driving social media engagement, especially on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Experience with social media marketing (SMM) and knowledge of search engine optimization (SEO)
- Experience with management of WordPress or Drupal websites or equivalents
- Basic understanding of website development processes
- Proficiency in standard MS Office applications
- Project Management experience in a related field
- Experience (5+ years) in advertising or direct marketing campaigns
- In-depth familiarity with online social network tools including Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube, and Pinterest
- Hands-on experience with social listening, analytics and management tools such as Radian6, PostRank, Social Radar, Crimson Hexagon, Wildire Spredfast, Hootsuite Enterprise and Visible Technologies
- Experience working with integrated social communication programs, in advertising, direct marketing, and online marketing
No phone calls or recruiters please. We appreciate all submissions but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Blink is a full service agency that specializes in producing innovative rich media, commercials, webinars, investor relations videos, and broadcast programming. Our extensive experience combined with a thorough understanding of the evolving branding process allows us to approach every client project with a unique creative solution.
Occupying two floors in a historic Gastown building, Blink’s facilities include a large studio that is home to two national TV shows and numerous other high-profile projects. We have an exceptionally high level of in-house creative skill, which gives us the range to execute on a variety of client projects. Our team has extensive experience in content creation for the technology, consumer, financial, government and tourism industries.
We pride ourselves on keeping the customer’s objective and story top of mind. Whether you’re attracting customers, investors, or improving your online, television, or radio presence, Blink has a solution that’s right for you.
- September 27, 2012
- Mid-Senior level
- Media Production
- Job ID:
- Click to apply (if you’re on LinkedIn of course)