Got this from Kiip founder Brian Wong on Google+, if memory serves. He’s one of the most brilliant people I’ve ever met, with the ability to see the long-term effects of decisions. If I were going to work for any barely post-pubescent startup guy from Vancouver, it would be him. They’re also hiring a number of interns and some design contract workers.
Kiip’s mission is to be the rewards layer of the world. We’ve made it easy and fun to reward people for their achievements on many different platforms. We currently process billions of data points per month and are looking for are looking for extraordinarily talented engineers who would like to help scale, process and analyze this data.
We’re looking for someone would who values their craft and is excited to be a part of our great culture and small family.
- Apply your passion and expertise in data mining and analysis to extract useful and actionable product insights
- Partner with teams to solve/identify trends and opportunities
- Build and maintain analytics tools, dashboards, reports, and metrics to monitor the performance of our products
- Manage development of data resources, gather requirements, organize sources, and support product launches
- Research 3rd party and open source analytics solutions if applicable
- Help inform, influence, support, and execute our product decisions
- Build tools to help apply insights in controlled A/B tests across our mobile products
- You’re a fun and awesome person to be around
- Fluent in SQL and at least one programming language (Python, Ruby, Java)
- Must not be afraid to learn new languages
- Mastered the fundamentals of data structures
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- You have the ability to communicate the results of analyses in a clear and effective manner to a variety of teams including Business Development, Engineering and Sales
- Experience with large data sets and distributed computing (Hive/Hadoop)
- B.S, M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science or equivalent
- Have built something you’re proud of in the past and are happy to explain it in detail
- Excited to share your knowledge and expertise with the team
- Collaborate on system reliability, architecture and code quality
- Creators and contributors to large open source projects, like Vagrant.
- Are great teachers and love to share their knowledge with others
- Are great students and are always trying to better themselves
- Code in a variety of programming languages (Python, Ruby, Java, Objective-C, C, Erlang) and embrace the right tool for the right job
If you’re interested, please apply by filling out the application.